- 2nd November 2017: Sadar Police Arrest 48 For Nuisance, 70 For Littering
Sadar Police Station has implemented the provisions of the Meghalaya Police Act, 2010, in letter and spirit and registered cases against 48 persons, besides registering 16 cases under Section 110, in October alone ..
- 18th October 2017: Littering Punishable Under Police Act
Littering the streets is now a crime in the city with many offenders already booked under the Meghalaya Police Act where they ended up paying the hefty fine. ..
- 17th October 2017: Police Play Pro-Active Role In 'Clean Shillong' Initiative
Taking forward the 'Clean Shillong' initiative, the Shillong Sadar Police station under the East Khasi Hills district has registered 15 cases in different occasions for violation of various sections of the Meghalaya Police Act,2010 within a week's time..
- 8th October 2017: Three Arrested For Littering
In a bid to ensure the implementation of section 102 of the Meghalaya Police Act, which gives punishment for littering in public places..
- 3rd October 2017: Clean Mission in State On Gandhi Jayanti
The closing ceremony of Swachhta Hi Seva was held on Monday by the Shillong Cantonment Board at Cantonment Board Community Hall..
- 2nd October 2017: Award Ceremony of Shillong Hackathon 2017 held at New Land Fill, Old Shillong- Guwahati Road
Hon'ble Minister, Urban Affairs, Shri R.V. Lyngdoh graced the programme as Chief Guest and also inaugurated the New Land Fill.
- 2nd October 2017: Make Entire Meghalaya Like Mawlynnong: Ronnie Lyngdoh
Urban Affairs Minister Ronnie Lyngdoh commissioned and dedicated the Phase 1 of the sanitary landfill for disposal of processed rejects and inert waste on Monday.
- 19th September 2017: Shillong Hackathon 2017 grand finale
A grand finale of the Shillong Hackathon 2017 under
the theme Clean and Liveable City was held today at Yojana Bhavan Auditorium, Shillong. Additional Chief Secretary to the Government of Meghalaya, Shri H. Marwein graced the inaugural programme as Chief Guest.
- 1st September 2017: Cleanliness Lessons For Iewduh Shop Owners
In an effort to regain the past glory of Iewduh, the traditional market which is looked upon as the 'rice plate of the people', a cleanliness awareness programme was organised by the office of the Syiem and Dorbar Hima Mylliem at the Students' Field in the city on Thursday.
- 31st August 2017: Fears of NGT wrath bringing changes in Iewduh
While discussion stirs nationwide over the justification of the Modi-led Government to scrap the National Green Tribunal (NGT) to facilitate development and as resentment echoes against the NGT blanket ban..
- 25th August 2017: Public to play biger role in cleanliness
Understanding full well the importance of public participation in its efforts to bring about a clean and green Shillong, the state government is seeking suggestions from the citizens..
- 21st August 2017: DM Of East Khasi Hills Calls For Total Cleanliness In Around The City
The District Magistrate, East Khasi Hills, has issued an order under Section 133 Cr PC directing all persons to maintain cleanliness in areas in ad around the city. The order specifically mentioned a few localities..
- 16th August 2017: Tsering launches Clean Shillong Website and Hackathon 2017
The Clean Shillong website was launched by the Chief Secretary to the Government of Meghalaya, Y. Tsering on Wednesday..
- 25th July 2017: Taming the litterbugs; a step towards Swaachata
If words fail and common sense takes a hike sometimes the only way out is enforcing strict laws and Meghalaya government has just done the same by making littering in certain pockets of Shillong city an offence by imposing 133 prohibitory orders and imposing 144 CRPC..
- 24th July 2017: Directives issued to ensure cleanliness
On receiving notice that unabated littering is taking place in Golf Links, Police Bazar areas, the District Magistrate, East Khasi Hills, has under Section 133 CrPC, directed all persons and concerned agencies..
- HC wants Action Plan to clean Shillong in 2 weeks
The localities within the jurisdiction of the state capital are organizing urgent meetings with all the stakeholders after the directive issued by the Meghalaya High Court..
- 22 June 2017: HC Asks Panel To Ensure Cleanliness In Two Weeks
The High Court of Meghalaya on Wednesday asked the Supervisory Committee to chalk out and implement proper action plans to ensure cleanliness and hygiene in the city within two weeks...
- 21st June 2017: HC Moots Suo Motu PIL On City Cleanliness
The High Court of Meghalaya on Tuesday mooted a separate suo motu PIL to address the issue of cleanliness and hygiene in parts of the city in absence of monitoring ..
- 2nd June 2017: HC Asks Government to Form New Cleanliness Panel
he Meghalaya High Court on Thursday, has disapproved and quashed a notification issued on May 30, for the constitution of 'High Level Apex Supervisory Committee'..
- 21st June 2017: HC calls for action plan to ensure a clean Shillong
The Supervisory Committee constituted by the state government has been directed to come up with an action plan to ensure the cleanliness of Shillong and has to submit the same within two weeks..